Don't Be A Copy Cat!

Jul 7, 2012

Let's not grow up...


Everyone asks you to grow up. All the time. My mom says, "Clean your room, pick up your books, set your wardrobe, grow up already!" Dad says, "Stop being on the phone all the time, don't text while eating, sleep early, grow up!" I tell myself, "Stop being silly, take life seriously, it's time to grow up." 
In a month, I turn 24, 6 years since I was 18. 6 years, since I became an adult. I still don't know where I am headed in life, I still don't know when I will be five years from now. Does that make me sad? I still don't know.

Today, while watching a video from school, I realized how quickly we have grown up, or grown out of things. Grown out of friendships, grown out of families, grown out of innocence. How is growing up a good thing then? 

I still love making cards on  birthdays, I still love my room messy, I still love talking on the phone for hours, I still love stuffing my face with chocolate cakes and I still love sleeping late and waking up even later. Being grown up doesn't make me happier, it makes me try to convince myself that I'm happier. So let's do ourselves a favour, and let's not grow up, if it means, being serious, unhappy, constant and boring. I'd rather be spontaneous and silly? 
Agree?

No comments: