Don't Be A Copy Cat!

Mar 19, 2012

Conversation with an 8 year old!


I recently had a very intense conversation with my 8 year old cousin. Sometimes, you get the best advice from the most unexpected sources. Since it helped me change my perception towards life, I thought I'll share it and spread the word.

Me: So, hows school?
Him: School is boring, but after that I get to play. So it's fun to play after a boring day at school.
Me: Do you like your teacher?
Him: She is alright. We are small so she can't get very angry on us. *beams* Do you go to school?
Me: No, I go to office. But I'm feeling sad. What do you do when your sad?
Him: *thinks for 3 seconds* Me? Ummm, I come home and tell mamma to cook my favourite lunch. I sit in the living room and wait for it. When I can smell the food almost ready, I feel happy instantly :D
Me: Wow. But we have one life, so much to achieve.
Him: One life? *puzzled* No, in my PSP, I get three lives. And if I play well, I get more and more lives. I have to defeat the monsters, jump through the fire, and collect coins. (pretty much what we have to do, eh?) 
Me: Will you teach me?
Him: I have passed all levels, killed all the monsters. I can teach you! Then you will also be able to kill all the monsters! *excitedly runs to get the PSP*

So yeah, I pretty much learnt how to kill all the monsters. Let's hope going forward I can do that in my life as well :)

Thank you my little Mario! You've been a great inspiration.



3 comments:

Diti Shah said...

This is one of the most amazing things i've read in recent times. ..especially when he says "I have three lives" :-)

Diti Shah said...

This is one of the most amazing things I've read recently. Especially the line where he says, I have three lives! :-)

Rahul Parikh said...

and to believe that we have passed on that life yet a kid teaches us hows its done ... its like going back to basics ..